Friday 22 November 2013

My top 5 wardrobe essentials

These are the things that I think everyone should have in their wardrobe, there will be a time in your life when you'll need to wear them and rather than borrow off a friend, purchase them because you will wear them more than once. You might not agree with all my suggestions but I think its a good place to start, check to see how many of the 5  items you have in your wardrobe.

 
 
 
1. Shift Dress
I am a big fan of wearing dresses, they make you look very feminine and if worn correctly with really bring attention to your greatest assets. Shift dresses I think are perfect there not too clingy but not too baggy, they hang in all the right places, generally short (but you can get longer ones) and you can choose from three designs which consist of long sleeve, cap sleeve and thick straps. Round neck and high neck tend to be the most popular shapes for the top half, round neck is better if your big busted and high neck is better for the smaller busted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
2. Leggings/Tights
Leggings are great for if your going on a night out and its a bit chilly (like it is now) but you don't have any nice jeans to wear. Make sure they fit well, not too loose or too tight (no one wants a camel toe). Tights an essential as they go well with skirts and dresses, generally they aren't as thick as leggings. They are available in every colour of the rainbow I'm sure, black I think is the better colour to go for but you really have to make that call your self.
 
 
 
 
3. Pencil Skirt
I love pencil skirts, I think they look great and there also really comfortable. Pencil skirts are sexy but without flashing to the whole world, its all about the length in this case. Wearing heels with this skirt really brings the look together, looks great on the bum too and you don't really have to wear tights with this either. I would say tuck the top into the skirt just because I think it looks better or wear a crop top (maybe the wrong time of year for that though).
 
 
3. Knitwear
I do love a jumper, this time of year they are so comfy and warm while still looking good. Popular styles of jumpers at the moment in the high street shops are baggy and bat wing ones, I like bat wing jumpers a little annoying to wear under a coat that's the only problem. When it comes to the design on the jumpers, I only really seem to have round necks and I wear plain or stripped ones. No reason as to why it just seemed to have worked out like that. Roll neck or Turtle necks are very comfortable, they usually come plain unless you buy an original.
 

4. Trench Coat
Everyone wants to look like a rogue inspector from an old detective film and what better way to do it than getting a Trench Coat. Mines the 'traditional' colour of beige but you can get them in Brown, Black, Blue and I'm sure Red is available too. By the coat coming with a belt, it really makes the whole look a lot better by nipping you in at the waist. Collar up actually looks really nice but you do look a bit like a Godfathers Mrs when your wear the coat like that (not that its a bad thing).


5. Loafers
I've been wearing Loafers ever since I was at school because they are so comfortable, a good pair do need a bit of breaking in but once they've been broken in they are great to wear. They come in gorgeous colours and shades, burgundy is my favourite coloured loafers which I'm yet to purchase but they are on my wish list. Dr Martens do what I call heavy duty loafers (think there just called loafers) but they have the thickest rubber soles. You can get Loafers with tassels, without tassels, with buckles or just plain (just as pretty as each other).


This was quite a short post today, trying to think of things to come up with. That was my Top 5 wardrobe essentials which I think works all year round but especially due in spring, autumn and winter. Don't forget to layer up this time of year, no one likes being cold but also don't go for the marshmallow look either.

Bass Loafers, 60s Christmas ad

Picked this mainly for the photo, as its great!

London Fog Trench Coat
  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment