Monday 11 November 2013

Have a very Mod Christmas

Been a while since I've done a proper blog, as Christmas is quickly approaching this focuses on Christmas party outfits.
Those of you who work will be going to a Christmas party this month or next, I don't know about you but I always struggle to find an outfit and end up leaving it to the last minuet. This time I am thinking forward in hope of finding something in time.
I have a few rules that I think people should follow when it comes to dining with colleagues;

1) Don't wear dresses/skirts that are too short OR too long!
Your manager doesn't need to see you flashing your crutch, that's not attractive or flattering. However If your trying to impress someone at work then don't wear something too long, your not a nun (if you are then you better cover them ankles!) I suggest a good length, just above the knee, so there's no worrying about accidently flashing your colleagues if you get too drunk.

2) Glitter tops or dresses or shorts or trousers, just no!
Just because its Christmas doesn't mean you have to look like a ball ball. Glittery dresses are my biggest niggle when going out clubbing on a normal night but the closer it gets to Christmas the more they come out of peoples wardrobes. If you like the way Mods dress or 60s style then glitter is not the way to go.

3) Heels, if you cant walk in them don't wear them!
Right girls this is the most typical thing we do when going out, wearing heels that are far too high and we cant walk in them. Its not nice walking around the streets of England with no shoes on, you could be so drunk you don't care but the next morning you will because your feet will feel like they are going to fall off. Small heels are the way to go if your a gal who struggles to walk; kitten heels, shoes with wider heels or just stick to flats. You can look just as good in loafers than you can in 6 inch heels and at least you'll be able to walk.

4) Its December wear a coat!
I've done this plenty of times myself and its not fun! November, December & January, they are all very cold months in this country but we still go out with no coats n because we either cant be bothered to hold them or pay for the cloak room. For the extra £2 to put your coat away, it'll save you having a cold for weeks and looking ridiculous, when your shivering waiting to get in some crapy club.

5) Match your outfit & accessorise if necessary!  
I must admit I don't really accessorise that much as I own a lot of silver jewellery but always seem to wear brown, which doesn't go well. Most Mods I see keep it simple with a bracelet, a ring or locket. You don't need to accessorise if your outfit is bright and eye catching on its own, otherwise there will be too much going on and too much to look at. If your wearing a plan outfit, just one or two colours, then accessorising can come in handy. Bags and shoes need to match in colour as closely as you can possibly get, browns and blues are usually the harder colours to match shades correctly.




The outfit I will be wearing for my Christmas party as I unfortunately cant afford to by a new one.  
 
 
This is about as high as you want to go with heels, to make sure there are no embarrassing trips.

Smart brogues with a little heel, your feet won't hurt  the next day with these on.
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment