Thursday 14 November 2013

Jack Frost nipping at your nose...

Winters here! The bitterly cold wind has started to blow its only a matter of time until the snow falls, traffic gets worse as everyone forgets how to drive in the snow, schools shut and Christmas shopping is in fall swing. Well that's enough of that depressing thought, I'm actually here to briefly talk about winter fashion. I always find it a challenging time of year, you can no longer go on a night out in just a dress or go shopping in jeans and a jumper. Its time to layer up, get cosy and sit back with a hot chocolate.

Accessories
Being someone who has short hair, hats are important to me this time of year. I hate having cold ears and neck so a lovely thick scarf is also great. Girls no guy likes holding hands with someone who has freezing cold hands so don't forget to buy your self some gloves, they are also great for driving in (its not about holding a cold steering wheel). Personally I like my hats, scarfs and gloves to all match but that's initially up to you.

Coats
I'm not going to say everyone in the world needs a Parka but a do like my Parka, it's not a 'real' one its just from New Look but if you want to be warm this winter then get one! There's one in Top Shop at the moment which looks so cosy but its well out of my price range. If your not into Parka's, then you want to get a Duffle coat (you might think you look like Paddington Bear but at least you won't be freezing your arse off). I desperately want a Wax Coat, I can only find them on eBay but I would like to try it on before I buy it in case its massive.

Skirts
If your crazy enough to wear a skirt then I suggest a pencil skirt, as they will cover you below the knee's. You will also want some very thick tights (I mean the type you use to wear for school when you was 10). I personally don't wear white tights I don't think they look good on me but if you do then you'll want a thick pair too. If your brave (which I'm not) you could always go for the skirt and pulled up socks look; black, blue and grey are the better choices for this time of year.

Knitwear
One of the reason why I don't mind this time of year is because I can crack out all my jumpers and cardigans, I love knitwear! I really like turtle neck jumpers, they are great to have in a range of colours to go under your coat and they keep your neck warm without a scarf. I have also have a few short arm knitted jumpers, they are always good for when your visiting family (Granparents) and their house is like an oven. At least that way you don't boil to death in a full jumper. Having different colours and designs on jumpers can really make an outfit look better more eye popping, which unfortunately winter outfits generally lose.

Footwear
My feet are constantly cold so I only really wear Boots, Trainers or Brogues this time of year. Office is my favourite place to shop for shoes on the high street, they have all the great makes under one roof; Dr Martens, Adidas, Hunters, Nike and Fred Perry. Thick socks need to be worn with boots, best place I find for socks is T K Maxx they do Totes for a great price there. Just a little hint; you only need to wear wellies when its snowing or there's a flood. There not a fashion statement because they are ugly and so uncomfortable!

Polo's
Great time of year to make any excuse to wear a polo, they are made out of thick material, they are really smart and polo's look great under jumpers. Always do the buttons up, if it chock's you then you need to get a bigger size so there's really no excuse as to why you can't do up the buttons. You can buy polo's anywhere now days not just from Fred Perry but girls if you do purchase one then I find men's designs are better in an XS (8), the girls ones are more fitted if you prefer that.

Bags
Bit of a weird one this but I do love a bag and I do use my bags for certain times of year, that might just be because I have so many of them. Satchel bags are great for autumn/winter time but if they aren't quite big enough then I suggest a Bowling bag, loads of room in one of them (best for college or work). The kind of colours your looking for are Black, Blue, Brown and White. Easy to match with an outfit or a pair of shoes.

Websites
Places you might want to check out are; Art Gallery Clothing, Fred Perry, Merc London, Atom Retro, Rokit and Pop Boutique.



Me wearing my Fred Perry polo














No comments:

Post a Comment