Thursday 3 July 2014

Get the look!!

Sorry I have been away for so long, I have been a busy little Bee.
I do come to you with a new idea, which I know you all love. Get the look is a new entry where I help you 'Get the look' from the films I can imagine my readers loving as much as I do. So to get the ball rolling I am going to start with one that I'm sure most of you love but others will roll their eyes at...but here we go!

Get the look.....Quadrophenia.
I have a few Mod girls on Facebook who I know like Quadrophenia and some girls who are interested in the Mod scene but don't really know how to go about getting the look they are comfortable calling Mod. I'm not saying that I am a Mod but I am interested in the fashion so here I am helping myself as much as I am you, to 'Get the look' Quadrophenia style.



 
 


Toyah Wilcox's character Monkey mainly wears a jumper, skirt and coat combination through out the film. Her character does tend to wear dark colours, so when your looking for your combination try to think outside of the box a bit.
 
Coat/Jacket:
 
 
I am thinking out of the box with this jacket, a lot of Mods like to be noticed and with this you will be. This great pinkish PVC jacket is available on Watch The Cloth Moth Facebook page, I love their page as they are always updating it with some fantastic hand picked, high quality vintage items. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Watch-the-Cloth-Moth
 
Jumper:
 
 
 
Knit wear is an important part of a Mod's wardrobe, polo necks, long sleeves and short sleeves anything knitted always looks great with a skirt. This simple white knitted jumper is from Beyond Retro, if you want to stick to high street shops then you'll have to shop for this kind of knit wear in the right season. http://www.beyondretro.com/en/ 
 
 
Skirt:
 
 
 
I interviewed Rasha Swais recently and I am in love with their products, the quality and the colours are perfect. You can get items made to order, to what colour fabrics you want but I do think this skirt is a gorgeous colour but you might think it doesn't really go with this outfit...unless your a brave person. Your skirt doesn't always need to be a pencil skirt, remember the mini was around in the 60's, so mix it up a bit and change the length of your skirts. http://www.rashaswais.com/ 
 
 
So to 'Get the look' for Quadrophenia, keep it simple with your three piece outfit but add a splash of colour.
 
If you have any suggestions for the next 'Get the look....' please leave a comment below.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment