Wednesday 11 March 2015

Welcoming Holly Ringsell Owner of Dark Side Comics UK

I'm sure most of you by now are aware of my geeky side, I'm a reader of comic books, a watcher of superhero films and I will be attending my first comic convention this weekend. 

Holly helps me with my comic obsessions as she owns Dark Side Comics UK which is based in Essex  http://www.darksidecomics.co.uk/

Luckily Holly agreed to have a little chat with me to share our passion for everything geeky. 





What gave you the idea to open your own comic book shop?
It has been a lifelong passion, for me to be able to do something I really love!

What attracts you to comic books?
I've been reading them since I was little, partly due to my dad introducing them to me. I've always loved reading anyway, so the combination of that with the wonderful artwork and amazing characters is a no-brainer.

Do you have any recommendations of the best comics and novels to read at the moment?
Comic-wise, Lady Killer, Bitch Planet, Feathers, Goners, Operation SIN, Thor, Secret Six, The Unbeatable & Squirrel Girl.
Graphic-wise, Deadly Class, Chew, Saga, Sex Criminals, Legendary Star Lord, All-New Ghost Rider, The Legend of Luther Strode, Black Widow, Ms Marvel, Rat Queens, Captain America, Winter Soldier & The Wild's End which should be due out in graphic novel soon too. I could probably list billion.




What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
I don't get much spare time! But if I do find any, it's usually spent playing video games, drawing, reading, watching movies or at the Zoo.

As a cosplayer what has been your favourite costume so far?
Hmm that favourite costumes that I've done, probably Batwoman or my custom Sith.





Do you have an idea of what other characters you would like to cosplay in the future?
I have plenty of ideas but never enough time! Star Lord, Winter Solider, Captain America, Silk or Spider-Woman, Josie from Lady Killer, Peggy Carter...There's probably a new character I want to cosplay every week! 

Is there anything you can suggest to my readers which will help them with starting up their own business?
Research, research, research! 







The above images were not taken by myself, these have been sourced from Holly.

No comments:

Post a Comment