Friday 12 September 2014

Birthday fun

So it was my birthday yesterday....one year older but a lady never reveals her age, well not when she's past 21. I got some great bits and bobs, from work vouchers for all my favourite things; a local record store called Adrian's (Wickford), H&M and Atlantis Spa (Tiptree). I have been very much spoilt, as well as that I have got a ticket to see The Who in December from my parents and True Detective box set from my room mate. I still have more to come too which is very exciting! 

The reason why I am writing this post is because I went to the cutest tea room called The Loft - Tea by the sea (Tollesbury, Essex). Its a vintage style tea room with quirky interior, hand picked pictures, plates and bunting hanging up to give it a very 50's homey feel. This fantastic looking tea room is set in the working marina of Tollesbury but watch out for the high tide as you might have to paddle back to car like we found out but its all part of the fun.








You receive very friendly service and there is also a board up warning you of high tides, just in case you have left your car in a difficult place. The Loft has a really good lunch menu; penni, sandwiches, soup, lunch platters and cream tea's.
I mean what else do you need from your perfectly situated vintage esque tea room?





I would recommend The Loft to anyone who lives or is visiting Essex, you get a nice feel of rural Essex as well as a good long walk down the sea wall with some fantastic scenery. I will be at Colchester Aqua Springs spa on Sunday, I will hopefully be able to give you a nice little review of there to. 










No comments:

Post a Comment